Ilfer SpA, operating in the sector of recovery and preparation for the recycling of ferrous carbon steel, stainless steel and other non-ferrous metals, is fully aware that a responsible economic strategy, also addressed to environmental issues, is essential for the success and for that of its customers.
Ilfer S.p.A. acknowledges, moreover, that the continuous improvement of its performances leads to significant commercial and economic advantages, at the same time satisfying the expectations of environmental improvement present in the territorial context in which it operates.
Ilfer S.p.A. is therefore committed to pursuing a policy of continuous improvement of its performance while minimizing, where technically possible and economically sustainable, any negative impact of its activities towards the environment.
The company intends to:
- ensure that its activities are carried out in compliance with the applicable compliance obligations and applicable requirements;
- periodically assess the risks, both strategic and operational, linked to the activities carried out and the opportunities for improvement that may arise, both in terms of services rendered to the customer and operational efficiency and environmental protection;
- identify objectives and actions, to be integrated with company development programs, to limit the most significant risks;
- increase the awareness of the user in the medium through the improvement of the communication and the sharing of information;
- increase plant efficiency both in terms of operational and energy performance;
- introduce control systems for increasingly advanced performance indicators;
- minimize the production of waste, encouraging its recovery, where possible and economically sustainable;
- expand the dialogue with stakeholders, providing adequate information on how waste is used and disposed of and on the services provided;
- give preference to those suppliers who adopt clean technologies and operate according to environmental and quality management systems;
- keep active, through monitoring and continuous improvement, the integrated management system compliant with the UNI EN ISO 9001: 2015 and UNI EN ISO 14001: 2015 standards and the Regulations (EU) n.333 / 2011 and n.715 / 2013 on quality of scrap metal and copper;
- provide products obtained by using recovery and inspection procedures for information on the European sustainability standards and in any case according to environmental quality criteria;
- provide products and services that always meet the requirements contractually required and, where possible, the needs and expectations that are not expressed by customers;
- implement every organizational, operational and technological effort to prevent any form of pollution through the control and management of discharges, emissions and waste, thanks to the plants specifically present in the company;
- to promote the involvement of all company personnel, and of the external staff acting on our behalf, to environmental and safety / health arguments;
- communicate, disseminate and promote the present policy within the organization and all the interested parties, through appropriate methods of awareness and motivation that make the objectives and programs shared.